When I started this blog, I wanted it to be about all my hobbies and passions, and I haven’t written a post about cooking yet… so today is the day! I chose the crepe recipe to start this section of the blog, my own crepe recipe!
I love having crepes for breakfast on Saturday or Sunday. I usually make them either one day or the other, it just makes me feel like it’s really the weekend, and it’s a feeling that I love. I’ve tried tones of recipes, I actually used to try a new one every week, but there was always something that I didn’t quite like… maybe it was too gummy, too sticky, too sweet… so at the end I decided to make my own… and this is what I came up with! I love this recipe so it’s the one I’ve been using lately. This recipe makes around 10 small crepes.
- 1 cup of flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of milk (or oat milk)
- 3 teaspoon of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of margarine or butter (plus some extra for the pan)
- First I mix the flour and the sugar in a bowl.
- After that I add the eggs (previously beaten), the butter or margarine (melted) and the milk). Don’t add them all at once, go little by little while stirring. You can use a mixer to make the batter more smooth.
- Cover the bowl with plastic foil and let it rest in the fridge for around 15 minutes.
- Mix again before start. Put some butter or margarine on the pan and let it melt.
- Use a small ladle (I use 1/4 cup per crepe). Add it in the pan and leave it until cooked. Flip it around.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 untill you finish the batter.
- And… you have your crepes! Now you only have to add your favourite topping (mine is cocoa and hazelnut spread)!
I hope you like it as much as I do. What recipe do you use to make your crepes?